Your child is now transitioning to adult life! They will still look to you for support and guidance, but will be more on their own when it comes to decision making.
During the teen years, we provide the opportunity for your teen to have at least a portion of this visit with the parent out of the room.
At this visit we will:
• Measure your child’s weight, height and body mass index and record on a growth curve.
• Provide immunizations.
• Screen your child’s vision.
• Discuss transitions to life after high school—whether that be work, travel, vocational school or college.
• Discuss importance of responsible decision making and recognizing healthy -vs- unhealthy relationships.
• Complete college physical forms and any required college screening labs/tests.
• Perform any recommended yearly screening tests (depending on family history, sexual activity etc.).
• Reinforce healthy choices and risk behavior avoidance.
• Transition your child to an adult care provider.
Immunizations: Men B(optional)
Tests/Screens/Assessments: Hearing Surveilllance, TB Surveillance, Anemia Surveillance, Dyslipidemia Surveillance, Adolescent Depression Screening, Vision Testing, Urine Chlamydia Screen (females), Hemoglobin Test (females), Universal HIV Testing